Monday

Fashion Faux Pas: Priyanka Chopra at the What's Your Rashee Premiere

Saturday, September 19, 2009, was the closing day of the Toronto International Film Festival, where Ashutosh Gowarikar's latest film What's Your Rashee was premiered. The movie is a romantic comedy starring Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra, and I was pretty excited to see stills from the event, as Priyanka is one of my favorite actresses. I was greatly disappointed and a little taken aback by her poor choice of attire. (Her hairstyle seems a bit outdated, as well!)


Priyanka is considered to be one of the most fashionable actresses in Bollywood, so I was genuinely surprised to see her in an outfit so.... tacky (trust me, there is no way to sugarcoat this sari). It doesn't flatter her figure at all, nor does the skirt drape the way saris should drape--free and flowy.

The skirt seems to be messy and poorly made, which makes me wonder a) Who styled her for this event? and b) Why would you wear such an outfit to an international event like TIFF? For some reason, this choice of attire seems like a VERY poor choice.
 
I do have to say that the embellishment and beadwork on the sari is stunning. Pearls and diamonds always go well together, but in this case, the tiny brooch around her waist is the only good thing about the outfit. Which brings me to my next observation: The pierced belly button. (????????) Okay, I'm desi, I know that we all love the diamonds, the accessories, the glitz, glamour, sparkle, etc. But this is too much. She has enough sparkle to her sari, she doesn't need it on her skin too! I love you, Priyanka, you are a superb actress, and I'm praying that this sari is a one flop wonder.

PS: Check out the last pic--what's up with the sunglasses?!






No comments:

Post a Comment