Monday

Chic & Cheap: Pakistani Flag Earrings

I was just searching Amazon for an Eid-al-Fitr present for my younger sister (yes, I'm aware that Eid was yesterday, haha.), and I found these Pakistani flag earrings by MyHeritageWear.com for only $6.99!



Okay, it may seem a little tacky to wear souvenir-type jewelry, but you have to admit that these are pretty cute. I would definitely buy a pair just for the sake of having them. It's too good of a deal to pass up! Plus, you could wear these on patriotic days, like August 14, or just gift them to a friend or relative.

When I was a kid and my family traveled to Pakistan, my mom would buy pins and brooches engraved and painted with the flag and Quaid-e-Azam. This is a more modern twist of that type of memorabilia, and frankly, I think we all need to have some sort of remembrance of our first culture.

*Note: MyHeritageWear.com sells these type of earrings of many nations, including Ghana, Portugal, Thailand, Lebanon, and Hungary, to name a few. Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT buy one of the US flag--that is definitely crossing the border of cute and making a home in tackytown. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment